Sunday, April 23, 2006

Day 5

I experienced my first detox symptoms last night. This may have been as a result of the (cooked) prune juice that I had yesterday. My sister Sonja, who is looking gorgeously pregnant btw, told me about Safari prune juice, which has no additives or preservatives of any kind in it, and comes in a glass bottle. It tastes good, too, and helps to flush out one’s system on a juice fast, when you’re not consuming solids. However, I’ve been drinking strictly raw juice up till now, and don’t know if this was advisable.]

I went to sleep feeling fine, but woke up some hours later feeling positively weird. I was hyped up, fidgety and restless, and an old problem of mine resurfaced, where I battle to breath in a proper deep breath. I breathe shallowly, and start feeling rather panicky. But it passed soon enough and I went back to sleep. When I woke up, I was feeling fine. Better than fine actually.

I can really recommend a juice fast to anyone who wants to feel refreshed in body and mind.

My hips are really sore today. I simply must start taking it easier and rest them more.

My walking is going along not-too-shabbily at all. This is why it’s so hard to rest my back and hips because it is so exciting to be walking better.
So far, day 5 has been fab. I feel happy and full of energy. I could get used to this, lol.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wenchy said...

Okay some questions.

What is considered "raw juice"?

How much juice do you drink per day?

Sorry your hips are sore. :o(

10:31 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are amazing. An inspiration

11:15 pm  
Blogger Maggie said...

"raw" is fresh, homemade juice. Anything you buy in the shops has been cooked/ pasteurised, and is full of preservatives.
I drink about 5 or 6 big glasses of juice a day. Hope that answers your question, Wenchy.

And thanks, Mel. I think you're pretty great, too ;-)

2:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home