Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Days 6 & 7

Days 6 & 7:

Day 6 went well. No complaints at all. I read on my forum that some people juice sweet potato. Yikes! But I was intrigued, and did some research. There are a lot of juice recipes on the net that include (raw) sweet potato or yam juice. Apparently it gives one a lot of stamina.

I got Michael to buy me a sweet potato on the way home from work, and last night I juiced it, along with two carrots. It had a strange taste (no surprises there!) But the aftertaste was not unpleasant at all, and it was so filling. And I feel great today, so obviously it ain’t doing me any harm.

Today (day 7) is going fine too. It is insanely cold here. Feels as though we’ve been catapulted straight into Winter. I didn’t sleep that well, because I was getting cold, and the only way I can sleep when I’m getting cold is by curling into a ball on my side. But that really hurt my hips and I’m feeling it today. I still think they’re improving, but it’s so s-l-o-w!

I’ve just washed our Winter blanket. I have no intention of getting cold tonight. My hot-water will also be called into active service for the season.

This morning my stomach decided to work. I won’t give any more detail than that, lol. But it was a relief, because that is one of the worrying aspects of a fast, the fact that your digestive system comes to a halt. So knowing that your colon is ‘clear’ does a lot for your state of mind.

Speaking of state of minds, another great benefit of fasting is how clear your thought become and how happy you feel. It is a great problem-solving period. And I feel so happy! Focused, but happy. I can get used to this.

Also, my skin is starting to get a nice glowing look to it and the whites of my eyes are clear and, well, white.

I weighed myself about 5 minutes ago, and, without shoes, I clock in at 52kg’s. I thought it would be less, I look thinner to myself. Still, I’m happy about the 52. It means that I’m not losing weight too quickly. I’ve lost most of my potbelly, although I think that could also be because my stomach muscles are back in town, after the cortisone treatment. Who knows. But I’m glad because normally the first place I lose weight is, you guessed, straight of my chest. Hate when that happens. Why is that always the first place to lose weight, and the last to gain?

My parents were just here. My mom commented on the glowingness of my skin, and my dad on the brightness of my eyes. Totally unprompted by me, I might add. It’s just so nice when it starts to pay off. I have made juice over thirty times already since I started last Wednesday. That’s a lot of juice.

Apart from the obvious gratification of nice skin and eyes, I think the big pay-offs are still coming. My walking is improving daily, as well as my eye-sight. If things are looking this good now, I’m interested in the 30-day update. Although by then, I should be a right skinny-malinks, lol.

I’m not a great tv watcher, but it is nice to have more options with the DStv. Last night we watched Boston Legal, which Sonja has been taping for us before we got satellite. It was nice watching it ‘live’. Boston Legal is a spin-off of The Practice and I love it. James Spader’s character, Alan Shore is a complex piece of work, and I love watching him in action.

Sudoku score: 39 – 40, in Michael’s favour. I can’t believe how closely matched we are.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you aren't losing weight too quickly. m...Not so sure about the sweet potato juice LOL
You are sounding so positive - although you are always :)

3:12 pm  
Blogger Wenchy said...

You are my hero.

10:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home