Thursday, April 27, 2006

Day 8 & 9

Day 8 went well, after a bit of a rocky start. I had my first juice of the day after ten, and for the first time since starting the fast, I felt a bit weak and tired. I felt a bit funny too, in a way that I associate with a water-fast. I was very disappointed, thinking that I may have to cut my fast short. But after two juices, I made a courageous comeback, and felt entirely back to ‘normal’. The rest of the day passed smoothly.

Day 9 (today) also went well. I went shopping with Michael and overdid it a bit, leading to an ms exacerbation. But I recovered well from that. Will have to remember to take it easier tomorrow. But I’m glad I went to town. I wanted to buy a spring-form cake pan, and I couldn’t just ask M to buy it for me, as I needed to see the range and decide which one I wanted. I saw this great cheesecake recipe in a magazine. I’ve been looking for one for ages, as it’s Michael’s all time favourite. I needed the spring-form tin, though. Now I have it, and the ingredients for the cheesecake, so I’m looking forward to making it tomorrow and seeing how it turns out.

I’ve having a little, informal stork-tea for my two pregnant sisters on Saturday. I’m looking forward to it a lot. Annie is coming to visit for the weekend, which is why I decided to have it on Saturday, as she is so keen to be there. It will be a surprise for Sonja, who thinks that we (her, Annie and I) will be going shopping. I had to tell Jannette, though, as I couldn’t for the life of me think how I could get her to my house under false pretences. And she’s like me, anyway, she doesn’t like surprises.
I’m going to serve the cheesecake, maybe bake a banana-bread, and buy a black-forest cake from the mini-supermarket. Then I just have to get something savoury.

Michael and I played a game of sudoku tonight, and the stakes were HIGH! If I won, he would have to forego coffee, gas cooldrinks and chocolate for the month of May. If he won, I had to forego using the telephone (incl. Internet) for a month.Well, guess what? I won! Yay!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

'Whew! I'm glad you won! You're a crazy person, making a cheesecake and serving all kinds of goodies at tea while you're on a juice fast!!

6:18 am  
Blogger Wenchy said...

Ha Ha Ha!!! Sorry to M!!!!

10:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home