Saturday, April 29, 2006

Days 10 & 11

I have been way too active for the past couple of days, and I’m feeling it in my back and hips. Ouch! I had quite severe pain last night, and battled to sleep. They’re sore again tonight, I really need to take it easy tomorrow.

The fast is going really well. I barely know that I’m on it, apart from the fact that I have to make juice five times a day (at least). I look forward to this coming week. I’m going to take it really easy, just listen to music, read my new books and maybe even try a spot of meditating. Hopefully the weather will be a tad warmer, too.

I have no idea what my weight is, I’ll have to weigh myself tomorrow. But I don’t seem to have noticeably lost weight, which is great, after eleven days! I would so love to keep up the fast for at least 30 days.

One thing that I have noticed is that my skin is rather dry. I think I will have a tbs of olive oil tomorrow.

The stork tea was a success, and everyone seemed to have a good time. My banana bread and cheesecake were a hit. Yay! Especially the cheesecake. I seem to have stumbled onto a really good (and relatively easy) recipe. My new tin works brilliantly! I just love it. I realized today that I’ve really missed baking. I used to bake a lot as a teen, but more or less let it go after I got married, and especially when I became ill. So it’s a lot of fun getting back into it. Luckily there are a lot of birthdays coming up, so I have an excuse. The cheesecake will have to be a special occasion thing, because it’s pretty pricey to make. Over R40 for one tart.

Sonja and Jannette looked so cute and pregnant. They seemed to enjoy themselves. And little Aiden was walking around all over the place. She is just gorgeous, and very good. Such a little sweetie-pie. And Taryn is the world’s best older sister. So patient and sweet with her baby sister.

Our camera is really kaput! I tried taking photo’s today, but they are hopelessly over-exposed. I think we should make a plan this week to get a new one. What use is a ‘before’ photo if you don’t have an ‘after’ to compare it to? The idea was to take at least one photo a week so that I could check how the fast was affecting me.

Tomorrow is Day 12. Can’t believe I’ve been on the fast for 11 days already! It doesn’t seem that long. I told Michael today that I’m starting to miss eating. I’m not hungry in the slightest, but I miss tucking in, lol. Everyone commented today on my superb willpower in not eating cake, but I know better. It’s not willpower, so much as plain fear of what would happen if I broke my fast by eating cake.
Every faster knows that the most important part of a fast is how you break it. You have to start eating very gradually again, like maybe a single apple, and stick to very simple meals for a while. Things are not going to go well for you if you go form eating nothing solid for 10 days to eating a piece of cake. It just wouldn’t be worth it.
My parents-in-law came to visit this afternoon. We had such a lovely visit with them, they are so comfortable to visit with. I do enjoy their company. I’ve said it before, but I am really lucky to have the in-laws that I do. So many people don’t get along at all with their in-laws. I just have great family in general. I’m very lucky in that department. Very.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

How do you manage to fast and bake - I would shoot someone if I could not eat and cooked yummy stuff. May I ask why you are fasting? You have an awesome body.

3:06 am  
Blogger Maggie said...

Hi, Tammy. I would previously also not have relished the idea of everyone eating cake around me while I'm fasting, but for some mystical reason, it is not bothering me at this point in time. Go figure. The reason I am fasting is to get rid of a medical condition, known as MS (multiple sclerosis).

9:28 am  
Blogger Melany aka Supermom said...

I'm glad you are feeling so good. You truly are amazing.
I'm glad the baby shower went so well. You really need to get a new camera. I could always count on you guys to take photos :)

1:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home