Sunday, April 30, 2006

Day 12

This morning when I woke up, I had a slight headache. I don't know if this is fast-related, or if it was because we slept with the window closed and it was stuffy. I think it may have been the latter, because when I opened the window and got some fresh air, the headache disappeared.

Still battling with the pain, which is at this point in time in my right hip.

I still weigh safely over 50kg's. At least 51 from what I could see (I didn't have my glasses on). This bodes well for an extended fast.

I'm currently reading Morality for Beautiful Girls by A. McCall Smith, and enjoying it thoroughly. What a unique, fresh voice in these troubled times we live in.

I'm currently listening to: The soundtrack of You've Got Mail, and Theuns Jordaan. (Still).

I'm currently watching: DStv. What can I say? It's growing on me.

I had some powdered barley juice, just before we were invited to M's parents' house so he could have some pizza with them. We ended up watching a program that my mom-in-law taped for us, and I got so sleepy sitting in their comfy armchair. We were planning on visiting my parents, and Annie, who is still in town, but by then I felt really tired and quite weak. So we didn't go. I feel quite a bit better after making myself a 'green' juice (spinach, coriander and cucumber). I guess I needed that.
I feel a bit lacklustre though, and I want to eat! I'm hungry and for the first time I feel like ending the fast. But I can't do that yet. Can't quit just when it starts getting a bit uncomfortable. Can't expect it to be plain-sailing all the way.

I wish I had known about juice-fasting when I was a teen, and had pimples. I would have given anything then for my skin to be as smooth as it is now.

I'm eyeing out the cake in the fridge and longing for a piece. I guess I need some comfort food today, but that is unfortunately not on the menu. Somehow, I don't think one would have much luck juicing chocolate, lol.
For the first time since I started this fast, my willpower is being tested. I want to eat something, dammit. And not a bloody apple, either.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Magdaleen Awesome is the only way I can describe your willpower. I just dunno how you do it. And the thanks for the marvelous words on the previous blog. I must say I have learnt from you, and you and Michael, about handling hassles that are placed in one's path through life. Perhaps you should write an 'advice' book on that - and I mean it.

7:15 pm  
Blogger Maggie said...

Well, what a surprise! Welcome to my humble (virtual) abode, Dad. Thanks for commenting, and thanks for the kind words.

9:33 pm  
Blogger Tammy said...

One of my closest friends who now lives in the UK has MS - those attacks are quite brutal - hope the cure works for you and I will be sending good wishes your way that it does!! Hang in there.

9:56 pm  
Blogger Maggie said...

Thanks, Tammy. You have a lovely blog, btw. I so enjoyed visiting there.

10:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home