Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Day 14 - two weeks!

Today was a good day. Weather-wise, it’s been a windy, wet and miserable day, but for me personally, it rocked. I’ve hacked it for two weeks on this juice fast, and I feel so relaxed and happy. I only hope the next two weeks pass as smoothly.

We got our first DStv guide today. And what a surprise was awaiting me!
There is this movie that I remember from my childhood, called Lili. It’s an Oscar-winning musical, filmed in 1953, starring the gorgeous Leslie Caron, and based on a book by Paul Gallico. I have been searching for it for years, since I can remember. See, I never saw the ending. I must have been about eight or so, and the movie left a very lasting impression on me. I can even still remember the songs in it, even though I only saw it the once.
About a year ago, I ordered the DVD online (Ebay). I paid for it (R90) but never received it, even after entering into a long and annoying correspondence with the seller, a real ‘fly by night’. The disappointment was immense.
So I joked to Michael that the one reason I would like to get dish was in case Lili showed on the TCM channel.
So, bearing in mind that this is our first month with satellite, imagine my immense joy when I opened the tv guide, ran and eye down the A-Z movie list, and saw that Lili will be showing on the 28th of May. I could hardly contain myself! How will I be able to wait until then?

Dolly Parton next door is starting to get on my nerves. She accosted me outside our flat the other day and asked if I mind her singing in the afternoons. I was gagging form the cigarette smoke she was blowing into my face. Some people. But being the wimp that I am, I said no, I don’t mind, lol.

The pain in my hips is more manageable these past few days. However, Michael’s back is also sore, and he is starting to panic about it, because he has golf club championships coming up this week, as well as a grueling cycle race next month that he has to train for. So he wants to go see the chiropractor. I think I better tag along and go, too. Maybe he’ll give us a special ‘two for the price of one’ deal, as Mel says.

I discovered something very valuable today. I have been battling to strain my juices properly. The juices must be strained, because if the pulp is left in, the stomach recognizes it as food, and it kick-starts the digestion process. I got a little tea-strainer, but then saw that it has a mesh made of Aluminium, which is my kryptonite, ha ha. I have a little plastic strainer, but it lets some of the pulp through. So yesterday, I had a total brainwave. I could use one of the tiers of my sprouting table, which is designed to allow water to drip through to the bottom layer. I tried it out today, and it works like an absolute bomb! And it was lying there all along in my drawer while I was battling, lol.

I got a lovely surprise today. Downloaded e-mail and received one from my good friend Laura, depicting pictures of her little boy, who is the most gorgeous child ever! It gives me a lot of hope, as Laura also has ms, and since falling pregnant has never looked back. Little Hayden is as healthy as can be. I’m so happy for her.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds like things are just fantastic!! I'm so happy to hear that about your movie Lili.. aren't you glad you lost that round of Sudoku now? ;)

11:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you can't say any child is more gorgeous than your godchildren!! LOL :) I'm so glad your fast is going so well. You looked downright awesome yesterday.

11:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home