Monday, May 01, 2006

Day 13

Last night’s post may have been a bit weird, but that’s me all over again past midnight. What can I say?

I feel brilliant today. I’m so glad I didn’t bomb out and break my fast last night. I felt ever so slightly light-headed this morning when I got up, but nothing to write home about. My energy levels are good again, and even the sore hips haven’t been too bad today. Life is good.

My weight today is 53kg (with takkies and a jacket on).

My 13th day has really gone so well. It’s really a good rule of thumb that if you feel like breaking your diet, in this case a juice diet, give it a day or two and see if you still feel the same. Chances are you may feel like continuing. I feel all fired up today, and ready for another two weeks. I’m really pleased with myself that I didn’t fold over the first hurdle.

The thing is, two weeks on a juice fast will have undeniably beneficial results. I feel pretty good. BUT in my case it will not be enough. For a serious health complication or chronic illness, a longer fast is required. I’m really tired of having to take cortisone all the time and worrying about the long-term side-effects. The way I see it, this is my best bet and I intend to follow it through.

Another thing is that it occurred to me today that as long as I have periods where my walking is awkward, this recurring problem with my hips will persist. In fact, if I don’t make a plan, and soon, I may sit with sore hips for the rest of my life. And that I can do without, thank you very much.

My sis-in-law, Jannette, told me today that she thinks it’s brave of me to be on this juice-fast. My answer to her was that this is not brave. To NOT be on the fast, now that would be brave. No person who does not have ms, knows how truly scary it can be. A juice fast is really a walk in the park by comparison.

We went to our local Fish Aways restaurant today for Michael. Unlike yesterday, the smell of food didn’t bother me in the slightest. In fact, I enjoyed it. Mel and family also came to eat there (by chance) and it was good seeing them.

I had my ‘green’ juice this morning. Spinach, cabbage, cucumber and coriander. I used to really battle to get these down, but my latest trick is to add a tomato, half a lemon and a clove of garlic, which does improve the taste a LOT. Unfortunately, though, I reeked quite a lot of garlic. Michael says his eyes were watering in the car, lol.

M and I went to visit my parents today. We had a good time there, and my parents were both very impressed by the improvement in my walking. My mom told me that she hasn’t seen me walking that well for a very long time.

On the way back, Michael wanted a Wimpy coffee. Now, today is the first day of his ‘no coffee/ fizzy drinks/ chocolate’ month according to the bet which he lost. So I said no. But I did say that we could stop for a MILO. We did that, and he had it at home with a slice of banana-bread, so don’t feel too sorry for him.
For the amount of coffee that he was drinking, I think we can soon expect some withdrawal symptoms. Oh goody. Not.

Tonight is Boston Legal. I do like that show. Alan Shore just cracks me up.
I’m so hoping that my book order comes this week. It is very late, as the supplier was out of stock for one of the books. I really can’t wait!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's just cruel!! LOL Wimpy coffee should not be included in the bet!! :)

8:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home