Friday, May 05, 2006

Pain, pain, go away...

I’ve been in quite severe pain with my back since last night. I’m at the end of my tether. This is a bit of a family joke, because I like to say that I’m at the end of my tether. But what does on e do when you’re at the end of your tether? You still have to carry on, same as always.

I phoned this morning to make an appointment with my chiropractor, but he’s away till the fifteenth. That’s ten days away! How am I going to make it? I took it ultra easy today, didn’t go anywhere or do anything, and it’s still aching. There is someone another chiro standing in for him, which I automatically declined, but I am reconsidering. I need to get this sorted out.

The juice-fast, by comparison, is a walk in the park. Day 17 went by very well. Michael, the sweetheart, came home with some Eastern Cape pineapples for me. I think the name is cayenne pines, and they are much bigger than queen pineapples, and much juicier, too. Just what the doctor ordered for a juice fast.

Never thought I’d say it, but I actually looked forward to my spinach and cucumber juice today. I put in 3 tomatoes, my usual clove of garlic and half of a big, juice Woolworths lemon. It was really nice, like a tomato cocktail.

I’ve been thinking about food a lot today, and what I’ll be eating when I come off the fast. As usual, (when on a fast) what appeals the most is a nice, ripe avocado pear. Normally, I’m not too much of an avo fan, but after a fast I’d kill for one. Must be the fat content or something. Can’t wait. Also fantasizing about bananas and dates.
Michael went to babysit Quintus tonight. I hear his car coming in now. Poor little Jason has to have grommets put in his ears tonight, under anesthetic. I hope the procedure goes well. I think M and Q will have a good time, though. They are going to get take-aways and play games on Q’s new playstation. It is nice that they will be able to spend the evening together with no-one else around. They have such a special bond, those two.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you SO much for lending us your hubby last night. Quintus had a brilliant time. Hardly came out to greet us when we got home LOL

5:47 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you SO much for lending us your hubby last night. Quintus had a brilliant time. Hardly came out to greet us when we got home LOL

5:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home