Friday, May 12, 2006

Food never tasted this good!

Today was quite nice indeed. I didn’t eat all that much, I guess my stomach has shrunk a bit. But what I did eat was so delicious! I had apples for breakfast (4), apples for lunch (5) and for supper I had a nice, ripe avo, 5 cherry tomatoes and a carrot, sprinkled with onion flakes, sesame seeds and lemon juice. That was truly divine. I can’t believe how very much I enjoyed such simple fare.

I left the house for the first time since Tuesday’s doctor visit to go to the mini-supermarket with Michael to procure some yummy goodies. Most notably, a papino, which I have been lusting for. I got a lovely specimen. Also, the aforementioned avo, tomatoes, a pineapple, honeydew melon (my favourite) and a bunch of grapes for breakfast tomorrow. I did enjoy my little foraging trip. I’m walking very gingerly on account of my hips, etc, but I have such a lot for stability than I’ve had for quite some time. It was very enjoyable.

I saw a girl there that I used to work with. Can’t believe how much she has changed. She waved me over (I hadn’t seen her) and spoke so pleasantly to me, She used to be very annoying and downright unpleasant sometimes. Also not that good-looking. Now she looks beautiful! She has matured so much, and become charming. Can’t believe that a person can change that much. I wonder what she thought of me? Of course, I didn’t bother changing out of my tracksuit, which would have necessitated a trip upstairs. How true it is that if you venture out looking a bit skuzzy you can be sure to run into someone you know!

We got home, ate in front of the tv, and then Michael spoke to my BIL, Tommie on the phone. They chatted about golf for a while, and when M hung up, he said he was going to pop over to their house quick. He left, and was back in record time, bearing two packets of DATES in his hands. Bless Melany and Tommie. This meant so much to me, that they had thought of getting that for me, knowing that I had broken my fast. I can’t wait until tomorrow morning for those dates. Thanks guys!

The pain wasn’t too bad today. Dare I say it? I think it might finally be getting better. I still plan to go to my follow-up appointment at the chiropractor’s on Monday, though, regardless. My regular guy will be back then.
Funny how my diet just reset itself back to my old, healthy patterns. Even now that I’m off the juice fast, I have no desire too cram junk down my throat as fast as I can, which is a relief. I plan to stick to a good program of nutritious, raw foods for a month.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck sticking with the raw food diet! You're amazing with all this. Oh, and by the way, you could go out wearing a potato sack and still look good. Who are you kidding?? ;)

4:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home