Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Nice day.

It’s great to be back in the land of the living, officially. Sorry if I sound a tad like a Drama Queen but that’s what it feels like.

I actually went out a bit today which was nice, as the cabin fever was starting to rear it’s head. First I went to the chiropractor. Let me just add that it’s bad when the a trip to the chiro becomes part of your social calendar, ha ha. That went well, anyway. I’m only in mild pain after that session, which by now, I take as a definite bonus. Tomorrow I should be feeling it a bit more, something to do with having had the pressure points worked on, blah, blah… Moral of story: there is finally appearing a light at the end of the bloody tunnel.

After that, my mom, gran and I went and ate breakfast at the coziest little restaurant. We each had had a bowl of the most divine vegetable soup and toast. I loved spending some time with my granny. 83 she is, and plenty of spunk. It’s good to know I have those genes. Having said that, I couldn’t keep up with her in town, and she had a hip-replacement op in December. It takes a lot to slow her down, obviously.

Then went back home. Michael has a nasty bout of flu. We went to visit his family for lunch, which I really enjoyed. I did miss them. It was especially nice to see Melany, who is a very convenient package of friend and sister. Baby Zander gave me the most beautiful smile that melted my heart. Mel’s kids are big on charm.
I joked that I’ll probably end up getting Michael’s flu, too, and added that I’ve made peace with my health, or rather, lack of it. Quintus got my attention, and said, Aunty Maggie, maybe, maybe NOT. He has such a wise little soul. So I basically got told by a six year old not to expect the worst. That is powerful.

I went with Michael to see the doctor in the afternoon, to get him booked off work and some medicine. We really like our new doctor now. I feel quite bad at how I bad-mouthed him previously (right here on my blog). Now I think he’s a sweetie. Michael and I declared him to be our family doctor. We’ve actually never had a family doctor before, so we’re quite chuffed about it. He said I made his day when I came walking in there without my walker. He really is a decent guy.

Also, I totally LOVE my distiller. I thought for a coupla days that I’d made a HUGE mistake in buying it, as I didn’t like the taste. But as Michael pointed out, it was probably just that the element was still new, and needed to get worn in a bit. Now I have bottles of distilled water all over the house for us. I’m having quite a great time with the whole thing. I’ve learnt how to operate it, clean the residue and change the filter. I actually love machinery and gadgets.

So life is good again. I’ll try to bear that in mind next I have to take the cortisone and feel like the end of the world is nigh, lol.
Meanwhile, Annie is coming for a two-week holiday during the school-holidays. She’ll be here on Saturday and I cannot WAIT. So much to talk about. Tomorrow is the music concert that she has worked so hard at arranging. I hope it goes well for her.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is pretty awesome that we are such good friends and sisters as well :) You sound SO much happier. That just makes my day.

I love what Quintus said to you. Cute little boy that, if I say so myself :)

I think you and Annie will have a lovely time together. So nice that she is coming home during the holidays

2:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh and another thing lol So glad you are both happy with the family doctor. Michael was all but selling him to us this afternoon :)

2:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home