Monday, June 12, 2006

Blue Monday

Yesterday was not a good day.

I have never experienced my ms going backwards at such a rate! Never experienced stress and worry and bad-eating taking me down quite so fast.

I received news this week that broke my heart. That made me forget that I have to take care of myself, or else.

Michael came back from his cycling trip. I was so glad to see his face.

Thought I’d go into hospital quick today and get my ‘maintenance’ dose of cortisone. But it was not to be. I might have known it was too good to be true that the medical aid would continue to allow me a special benefit as an out-patient for this treatment. Nope. Now I’ll have to split the dosage and be admitted overnight. Still, if I have to spend the night in hospital to save myself R900, then so be it. Not looking forward to it, though. I suppose I should get it over with and go in tonight.
I’ll be glad when it’s over and I can go on with my life, such as it is. I feel so, so tired. Never thought I’d get to the point where I actually look forward to getting a cortisone drip. Surely this can’t be right? Sometimes I feel as if my reserves of coping with all of this are getting dangerously low.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Magdaleen I do not know what to say really. Except to let you know our thoughts and prayers are with you. You are such an incredibly strong perso. Hope the cortisone has done what it must do by this time.

3:53 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dear friend, sister and inspiration. I do love you lots. I hope that the hospital trip won't be ubpleasant and that you will feel loads better soon

10:17 am  
Blogger Wenchy said...

I am now crying dammit Maggie. Stop that.

You are a true inspiration. Somebody I visit because you are pure sunshine. I hate hate hate thinking of you in any pain at all.

10:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home