Thursday, July 13, 2006

Return to blog-world...

Long time, no post.
don't know why, guess I just kinda detached from my alter-ego in the Land of Blog.

Not that much has happened. Not much to report.

I've felt depressed these past two weeks, and it's not a term I use lightly. I actually feel a bit fraudulent, using it with reference to myself. I wouldn't go so far as to call it actual, clinical depression. But only because it was temporary, and strongly linked to hormones. But that knowledge didn't make me feel any better at the time. I was tearful, morbid about the future, and the weight of the world hung heavy on my shoulders. Everything seemed pointless, and the worst was the total lack of motivation to do anything. I'm more or less over it now, thank heaven.

Not 100% back to my perky self, however. I've lost interest in my No.1 hobby for the past five years, i.e. my health (and how to get it back). I've got a bit of an annoying, hopeless attitude towards it at present that I hope will go away soon.

Tomorrow, Michael and I get our new car, a candy-white Jetta 5. We're excited at the prospect, but very sad, nostalgic and tearful about giving up our trusty green mobile. We're way too sentimental for our own (collective) good.
Frankly, it's all the same to m what we drive. The one thing that persuaded me to go into debt for this new car was the safety features. I have a secret phobia of people that I love being involved in car accidents. It's on my mind quite a lot. I'll just feel a whole lot better about Michael driving around with ABS brakes, airbags, etc.

I thought I'd gone off reading. It took me absolute ages to finish the book I was reading. But now I realise that this was due to the crapness of the book in question. I am now reading my new Marion Keyes book (she remains my favourite author) and absolutely loving it. I'm devouring it and savouring it at the same time, if such a thing is possible.

Baby Rylee is beautiful. I was so moved when I saw her after she was born, still in the incubator. i look forward to watching her grow up. And little Aiden is just the sunniest, sweetest girl.

Little Christopher is growing like a weed. He is so beautiful and healthy. I definitely have no shortage of gorgeous and adorable kids in my life!

2 Comments:

Blogger Wenchy said...

Unfortunately I know that feeling of depression far too well. I wish I didn't. I'm petrified to go back there.

Congrats on the new car... I hope you and M will take plenty, fabulously happy trips in it.

Lots of love to you Maggie girl.

4:24 pm  
Blogger Maggie said...

Aw, thanks Wenchy. You too.

9:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home