Saturday, June 24, 2006

Life...

How does life go from being absoluetly sh*tty one moment, to idyllic and dreamy the next?

My faith in life and fortune and the universe has been restored. There is a reason that such cliched idioms as 'it is darkest before the dawn' exist. Because they are true! I will try and remember this in future. That no matter how dark the hour is, there is just no telling how splendid the dawn may be.

My hip was back in place for a blissful five minutes or so, but now it's feeling sore again. Oh well...

Today was really marvellous. We didn't do much, but what we did do was just so nice.
  • We slept really late this morning, and cuddled and chatted.
  • We watched tv together.
  • We went shopping together.
  • I saw a friend I haven't seen in ages. She gave me such a nice hug.
  • We went to visit Mel, Tom & kids, and had a lovely time.
  • We bought take-aways for lunch.
  • Michael watched rugby and I read book, side by side, most companionably.
  • We went shopping again, and bought cheesy buns, a chocolate and ingredients for muffins.
  • I made carrot-cake muffins while Michael watched F1 racing.
  • We watched a cute movie and ate the muffins.
  • We watched a sitcom and laughed ourselves silly.
  • We spent the whole day together, being lazy and in love. It was just great.

Tomorrow, we plan to go visiting my parents and Annie, who arrived in town this afternoon. I am seriously looking forward to that.

I got Marian Keyes' new book, "Anybody Out There?" in the post yesterday. It's such a nice feeling, having a new book of my favourite author lying unopened next to my bed. I think I'll go start on it...

4 Comments:

Blogger Maggie said...

Thanks, Pita, and for you too.

7:39 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was so wonderful to see you yesterday. We always have such a great time together. Thanks for bringing the books. I think I'm enjoying the books more than the boys.
So glad you and Mike had such a lovely day

9:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Maggie, I love how you notice and appreciate the small (but important) things in life. I think that is why you have such a positive outlook. I am gad you are feeling better and that you have such a wonderful companion to share the good (and bad)times with. Jane

3:08 pm  
Blogger Wenchy said...

I am so happy for you.

9:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home