Sunday, August 13, 2006

About time!




For an update, that is.

I don't know why, but I'm not as into blogging as I once was. But I'll say this for it: it really helped me through some very rough times, that's for sure. Maybe that's why I don't feel the need to blog as much, because I'm feeling so much better.

I don't think I was ever really cut out to be a first rate blogger. I'm actually a rather private person. Except for my various health maladies, I'd happily tell those to the man on the street, I think. But apart from that, I don't think I'd have the guts to post something really personal, or about anyone other than myself. That's why my blog is so ego-centric. I'm very aware of who might end up reading my blog, I mean, anything's possible. With the result that my blog doesn't generally make for the most scintillating reading. I think even I got bored with it. But like I said, it really helped me out when I needed it most.

So, today starts out quite mediocrely. I was really tired and quite a bit moody, too. Could be hormonal. Probably is, as I'm pretty laid back the rest of the time.Anyway, wasn't having too good a time. Until. Michael washes and vacuums the car and then insists that we take it somewhere. I agree, light up and flash my driver's licence at him. "I'll drive".
Now, I haven't gotten behind the wheel of a car in at least a year (and what a delightful year it's been, to be sure!) Michael agrees and off we go. It went surprisingly well. It'll take me a while to get used to driving our car, but I could feel the pedals fine, which had been my primary concern. I did nearly give M whiplash when I hit the brakes. (My, but the car has magnificent brakes!) He was admirably silent during the trip, although he did say at one point, "Go easy on the gears, love, it's not a tractor". Oops. Indeed. Still, I'll get used to it soon enough.

Of course, I'm thrilled out of my bracket at the whole thing. With any luck, my days of sitting at home without transport may be coming to an end. Not sure where I'll actually go, though, ha ha.

The photo's are of me sitting proudly in car, and of my two pets, both acquired at McDonalds with purchase of a Happy Meal. Both dutifully eaten by Michael. Well, he'll have to eat two more, I want the whole set.

3 Comments:

Blogger Melany aka Supermom said...

You drove!!!??? How cool is that!

About the blogging. I don't think it has anything to do with bravery. You just respect others privacy and your own...mmm...which would probably mean I don't! (now that doesn't sound good)

12:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post as usual, Magdalene (Just KNOW how much you love that name!) Have missed your well elucidated remarks. Keep going now.

4:13 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a blog is just for YOU anyway, if others want to read it or not, so be it! Don't worry about entertaining us. Keep going! And I'm so happy to hear you're feeling so good!

4:20 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home