Saturday, July 22, 2006

Glass half full today, lol

My legs are feeling slightly better today. Just as well, I didn’t really feel like going to hospital today, somehow.

I’ve decided to do a short juice fast, starting today, to see if I can’t stall the cortisone drip for a week or two. I need to work on having as much time between cortisone bouts as is safely possible. But I won’t play around with it if it is, as I suspect, a spinal-chord lesion. If my legs are affected, then it’s just a matter of time before I start losing sensation in my hands, and that I won’t tolerate. As it is, doing up buttons on a shirt has become too much of a challenge. Almost every item of clothing I own has a zip.

On the plus side, my hips really are feeling better at last. The improvement has been so slow and subtle that at first I wasn’t sure, but they are definitely on the mend. They’re still sore, but it’s discomfort on a level that I can live with. The exercises that I am doing are working like a bomb. I’m surprised how much I missed exercising. I used to be a very active person. For a long time, I couldn’t have exercised, even if I had wanted to. Being able to do these basic exercises is really lifting my spirits.

1 Comments:

Blogger Melany aka Supermom said...

Why didn't you say anything when I spoke to you yesterday? I'm glad the exercises are working. I'm starting my jogging routine again today. I've been stalling it long enough now

12:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home