Thursday, October 05, 2006

Update, what do you know!

Wow, but it's been a veritable aeon since last I updated. I hardly know where to begin, it's like starting a whole new blog!

I'm not even going to try and recount everything that's been happening since my last post, I'll just pick up where I left off, as it were.

I was reflecting today on the fact that my parents named me after my English (maternal)granny. My sister was named after my Afrikaans granny, albeit an anglicized version. But here's the thing: my sis got both names of our Afrikaans granny, who incidentally neither of us ever met. Anne Catherine. While I only got one of our English granny's names, i.e. Margaret. Her second name is Iris, which for some reason never got included when my birth was registered.
Not that I'm complaining. Iris is not exactly the most funky name on the block. It's a bit weird actually because although it is a type of flower, it is also a part of the eye. It would be like being called Cornea, or Pupil.
But then it occured to me that if I had Iris as second name, then my initials (including my surname) would be MIA. Which is kinda cool! In fact, it appeals so much, I may just go ahead and change my name to include Iris. I always felt like I was gipped out of a second name, lol.

My temperamental health is doing surprisingly well for a change. This business of only taking 1 gram of cortisone when I need it is really working for me. I say 'only' but it is still a whopping dose, just small compared to the 5 gram sessions I used to have. Everything is indeed relative.
In fact, things are going so well that I am working for the first time in years. It is only three mornings a week, which I can just about handle, but I am actually enjoying doing a bit of honest labour. My FIL is updating his data-base, and was kind enough to ask me if I'd like to help out.
So yes, things are going well in that department.

Actually, things are going GREAT!
Though I still tire easily if I try to do too much or walk too far, things have really taken a turn for the better, majorly.

Truthfully, things were going so bad last year, I thought I was going to die. So to not only be alive and kicking, but actively enjoying life and looking forward to the future is remarkable and wonderful. It just goes to show, no matter how bad things are, there is always hope. I just can't stress it enough. Talk about a new lease on life. I don't bother worrying about the future anymore, for now I am just content with enjoying the present.

Later in this month, we will be going to the sea. M and I haven't been on a holiday in three years, so we're really looking forward to it. And on the 2nd of November, we have tickets to see my favourite comedian, live. Can't wait.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey babe. So glad you are alive and kicking too. You are one of my bestest friends and so nice to see you doing so well.

12:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home