Sunday, October 08, 2006

Last night's post which WOULDN'T go through

Had a lovely day today. Up early, and went to town with Michael. I got some really nice fruit from Woolworths. Apples, dates and cherry tomatoes. I want to start eating better. Lately, it's been a policy of 'anything goes'. Not good. Unfortunately, when we went to watch the rugby at my sister's house, I packed out a bit and got stuck into the bowl of mini-Crunchies she had there. Michael's team lost, but a fun time was still had by all. We went to watch the next game at Melany and Tommie's and Melany and I got to have a nice visit. It's so nice to talk to someone who has a similar way of looking at life to your own. Right now, though, I am feeling a bit grotty. I have a nasty case of Optic Neuritis, which is where one's optic nerve gets inflamed. Left untreated, this can cause damage, so tomorrow, or Monday at the latest, I will be booking into hospital for a dose of IV cortisone. Not looking forward to the after-effects, but at least if I have it done now then I should be okay for when we go to the sea. I don't relish the thought of going to hospital and having a drip hooked up, but I don't like taking chances with my eye-sight. As it is, I am seeing flashing purple lights, and am experiencing sickening pains in my eyes when I move them in their sockets. Also tension headaches from eye strain. Add to this a general feeling of fatigue, pins-and-needles and numbness in extremities - yep, I think it's time for some meds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home