Sunday, October 15, 2006

Sunday evening reflections.

Our little garden is looking so pretty. It is tiny, but it's just so good to have, living in a flat. Every human person needs a bit of garden. Some greenery and maybe even a flower or two. I would just never be able to live in a high-rise apartment block with no garden.
We have two rose bushes which are busy furiously blooming. A soft peachy coloured one, and a candy pink one that is flowering in little clusters. I forget the exact term, but I think it's called tea-posies, or something like that. Very cute.
We also have a French Lavender bush, and some nasturtiums. I was sitting out there now, in the twilight, watching the bats circling about and just feeling very peaceful. I do love Summer evenings.

Our rowdy neighbours have buggered off. Their curtains are still up, so I don't know exactly what they're up to. I think they may have done a runner in the night, to get out of paying the rent. We can only hope!
But no sooner had peace been restored, than the guy opposite us had a maahssive fluorescent light installed uner his carport. It shines directly into our bedrrom window at night. What the hell?!
But we are just so loathe to move. Apart from the massive effort involved, where will we possibly find another flat without mosquitos? For some reason, this is a no-mosquito zone. We sleep with our windows open, no screens, and haven't had a mosquito here in five years. Well, not more than two, definitely, lol. It's fantastic. Virtually no flies, either.
Also, I actually like living in a flat-dwelling community. Even though the other residents get on our nerves sometimes, it's nice having people around you. I like it.

Went to see my granddad for his birthday today. He was so pleased with his CD. I can't help wondering how many birthdays I will still be able to share with him and that makes me sad. When we said goodbye, he stood at the gate and told us that he's broken a record. His parents and father-in-law lived to be 84, and he's made it to 85. He broke into a little song about being 85 today. We told each other, "I love you", and he gave me a tight hug. I had a little cry on the way home, because he's such a lovely person and I don't want to think of him not being around.

I'm finally back on my healthy eating program. Today was my fourth day. I feel much better eating properly again. It is the least one can do for oneself. Even today, when my granddad and Michael were eating lemon meringue pie, I had some sunflower seeds and raisins. It just takes a bit of determination to get past the first few days and then, like anything else, it becomes a habit.
I will, however, be having a waffle or two when we are at the sea. There is a lovely little waffle-house and Michael and I have already booked a trip there.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No mozzies!! Man you are SO lucky. Your's must be here by us....take them home next time lol

We will be going to the Waffle house lots lol - feel free to join!!

7:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I stalked you here from Donna's blog. We are now collecting seeds from our nasturtiums up here in the Northern Hemisphere. Did you know that the flowers themselves are edible?

8:58 pm  
Blogger Wenchy said...

I love the Waffle House.... or maybe that should read I use to love the Waffle House.

8:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home