Friday, January 12, 2007

Some inspiration always welcome.

The rain did clear up and I had a fantastic swim. The muscle in my thigh seems to have recovered, and I managed to swim 50 laps again. I'd say the pool is about 8 meters in length, thus I swam approxiamately 400m. It's going much easier now, My next goal is to work up to 100 laps. I plan to keep swimming till at least end of April, if at all possible. May, too, weather permitting.
I am so thrilled to be exercising again, I can hardly describe it. I was so very active my whole life (and especially loved to swim) until the whole ms thing came along. And I live with a very fit and active man, who takes his exercise seriously. To sit on the side-lines all these years just did not do it for me. Which is why I am loving it so, now.

I'm very into NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) at the mo. The basis of it is to reprogram the brain, discarding negative beliefs and thought-patterns, and replacing them with healthy and positive ones. It can be very beneficial in the management of chronic diseases. I have one book on it, NLP for Dummies. But I did a search tonight on MS and NLP. I got a fair number of results, one of which has really excited me.
It is a book written by a guy called Dermot O' Connor who was diagnosed with ms and managed to turn it around, by diet, exercise, Chinese medicine and NLP! I did a search on my favourite online bookstore, Kalahari.net and lo and behold, there it was! My parents-in-law kindly gave me a voucher for my birthday, which covers most of the amount for the book. So first thing tomorrow morning I will be ordering. To say I am excited is a severe understatement.

I'm actually feeling not-too-bad-at-all tonight. Probably a combination of the detox and swimming, and the cooler weather that we are having, thanks to the rain.

Michael's brother and his wife are in town, visiting, so we are having a nice family get-together and on Sunday we are going to a party for our nephew and godson's very first birthday. Can't wait, actually.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh great, you have just given me yet ANOTHER book to add to my reading list!! I've got so many. Right now I'm reading "Anatomy of the Spirit" by Caroline Myss, you might like that too. I have 3 of her books and haven't read them yet. Don't get me started... soooo many... sigh.

6:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home