Friday, January 05, 2007

Sleepy time...

I feel back to normal tonight, so I'm looking forward to a good night's sleep.

Did I have the promised energy boost? I actually reckon that I did. I didn't have a serious exacerbation (the kind where I can't bloody walk for an hour or two) today. Surprising, considering the merciless heat.
I didn't do much today, so it could be that, too, but when I had my afternoon swim I must have been in the pool for about an hour, maybe more, doing laps and water aerobics and carrying on. And I was fine afterwards, walking all right and everything. My legs are becoming much stronger in the water. At first (last week) they felt like little chicken legs, really feeble. Now I can kick fairly strongly, it feels divine, so free. Of course, lack of balance isn't really an issue in the water. It's very liberating.
I'm enjoying the swimming sooo much. Totally the highlight of my day.

I'm so hoping I can get on the drug-trials for the FTY720. But to steel myself against disappointment, I've realised that I have no control over any of it. Best case scenario, I make the trials and get the actual drug and not the placebo. But it's out of my hands, so I'll take what I get.

I do seem to be feeling a bit better today. I'm definitely going to pursue this whole ionization detox thing. For what it's worth.

Today I learnt to play half of a quaint little Gavotte. It feels so good to play again. So very therapeutic.

This heat is relentless. Wow. Predicted temperature for tomorrow is something ridiculous like 35 or 36 degrees C.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is darn hot hey. I think we'll be spending most of today in the pool...us of course does not include Tommie, who will be playing golf - IN THIS HEAT. I'm glad the swimming is going so well

9:10 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For sure, stay in the pool... that heat would kill me!!

9:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home