Friday, January 05, 2007

How can I wait?

Phoned the neurologist's office just after eight, but all I got was a recorded message saying that his office is closed until Monday the 8th. Damn, how will I hold out till then?

I'm really tired, as I only got about three hours sleep last night, and I need a lot of sleep.

No side-effects from the detox, thankfully. I was warned that I may have a headache today. I'll definitely be going again next week.

I got some really nice stuff for my birthday.
From my dad, I got a lovely Casio keyboard. When I was visiting by them the other day, I spent ages playing on their piano, and on my mom's brilliant new digital piano. and I told my dad that it was one of my new year's resolutions to play more this year. So he very thoughtfully bought me my own keyboard for our flat. How sweet was that?

From my mom, I got the back brace that has given me a virtually pain-free festive season and birthday. In addition, she got me a lovely (really nice) diary for 2007.

Michael gave me some money to fund my various detox ventures. He also took the day off work, and made my birthday special beyond imagining.

My parents-in-law gave me a voucher to spend at Kalahari.net, my favourite on-line store. And miraculously, I found a book that I've been looking for for years, discounted to the same price as the value of the voucher. Isn't that amazing?

From my sis-in-law, I got a Woolies voucher. Now that is what I call a quality present! I love Woolworths.

My aunt and cousin gave me a 14 steps to Detox book. Do they know me or what?

And of course, I was bombarded by phone-calls the whole day, which was lovely, and a whole bunch of e-mails. One of my best friends called me this morning, saying she couldn't get hold of me yesterday. We chatted for ages and caught up with each other It was so good to hear from her. And I got an e-mail from another dear friend in the UK, so it really was a special day. Also, my granddad, sister and sister-in-law phoned me last night. It's so nice to be made much of on one's birthday.

1 Comments:

Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

Posting maniac today ... sheesh! Broadband looks good on you. :D

8:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home