Friday, December 15, 2006

Back Blog

As if i ever write about anything else, lol.
I got my back brace, or guard, or whatever you call it.
So far, I'm optimistic about it. I don't wear it the whole time, as that will weaken the muscles and be counter productive. But like I said, seems to be helping. My mom was kind enough to buy it for me as an early birthday present. Not that exciting, she apologised, but I said that I find the idea of a pain-free Christmas very exciting indeed.

My life has been a tad sucky this week. As if I don't have enough on my plate, I've gone and injured two of my ribs at the back. Stabbing pain every time I breathe in. The chiropractor fixed it, but less than two hours later, it was out again. See - sucky.

I've decided, however, to go back in denial.
I was in denial for a long time, and since I've faced up to 'reality' (very over-rated) I'be been nothing but miserable. Hence, I've crossed back over into denial. What's wrong with that, anyway? People always say it like it's a bad thing.
So now I once again belive I will get better, live happily ever after and children by the dozen.
I think I'm a bi easier ot live with as a result. Much miore peppy.
To my way of thinking, it can't hurt. Much better for me to be thinking positive thoughts, and feeling happy, than to sit and feel sorry for myself about the inevitabilty of it all!
I have detailed fantasies where I am completely recovered. Able to walk normally, run, jump and dance. Wonderful. I can spend ages living in this fantasy world, because it makes me happy. What harm?

People must make up their minds. They accuse you of living in denial, not facing up to things, while simultaneously admonishing you to have faith, don't give up hope.

And, I've started eating properly again. I stuff my face with rubbish when I'm feeling miserable. But now I feel encouraged to feed myself the best, most nutricious foods that I can. Today is day 4. Yay for me! Didn't even join the others for pancakes at lunch.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quintus could not get over the fact that you didn't join us for lunch. He kept on saying "but she likes this place so much" :)

2:25 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think there is anything wrong with believing you will recover and be perfectly healthy again! I don't think that's denial, and if it is, then so be it. It's like Louise Hay says, "it's only a thought, and a thought can be changed." So if your thought is, "I'm never going to get better and I'm just going to get worse..." then that's what will happen, so change that thought. That's partly how Eva Marsh healed herself. I remember when I met her I said all this "I can't" stuff, and she totally gave me shit. "Well, with that attitude, you never will!" (www.evamarsh.net if I never gave you that site before).

Sorry for the long comment, I probably shoulda e-mailed you instead lol

8:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home