Friday, December 01, 2006

Yeah, I'm feeling better alright...

Thank heavens that I am quite an emotionally robust person.
It would just have been too much to bear if I was physically a mess, and not emotionally resilient enough to cope with it. Let’s be grateful for small mercies here.
I certainly have my moments (such as this whole week, come to think of it), but generally I can cope with it all. With a little help from my friends.
(Oh, I get by with a little help from my friends…)

I’m feeling very determined at the moment. I may be going down but it certainly won’t be without a fight. There is a lot I can do to help myself, and it’s time I started focusing on that.

I had a think about the little temper tantrum I threw a couple of days ago, right here on my blog, where I performed about people in my life expecting too much from me. I think I’d better qualify that remark. Truth is, most of the people in my life are incredibly understanding and undemanding of me. Sorry to say, the main culprit here is…me! I need to learn to say ‘no’ to myself. I’m the one that expects too much of myself. I’m the one that expends energy I don’t have. I should wake up and smell the coffee.

I love having a blog to misbehave on. I would never act in real life the way I have been lately on ze blog. I do feel a bit cringey about things that I aired, but hey, it was worth it. Much better to offload onto cyberspace than to lower the tone for everyone who has the misfortune to speak to me on a ‘down’day. Yay for the internet.
On the other hand though, I can’t remember who all I’ve given this link to. I gave it out willy-nilly, before I got comfortable enough to say things that ordinarily I’d keep to myself. Sooo, I may have to do a runner, and move to a more secluded spot in virtual reality, where I can rant and rave to my heart’s content, and not have to worry that everyone in my life is potentially reading all this crap that I’ve been posting when I feel hard done by.

About the baby issue, thank you to Heidi for her comment. It makes me just want to grab the bull by the horns (metaphorically) and get pregnant. I’m sooo tempted. Like, really. I’m keen. I want two little girls just like you, Heidi, and to go into remission. If only I had the guts…

BTW, my hips are feeling the teensiest bit better. Probably because I did less than nothing today. If I can just make it till Tuesday, when the lovely chiropractor will put my hip back in its joint…Tomorrow is my dear daddy’s birthday. Most of my family will be there. Should be a lot of fun.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We sure could do with two little girls in the family ;) About the internet tantrum, I agree. I find it much easier to be open on the internet than in real life. However I'm not well. I don't mind when people I know read it. For some reason I just don't feel comfortable if they want to discuss it afterwards. If I posted it on the web, that's where I want it to stay. Like I said. I'm not well.
Have a wonderful time with your "other" family :) and say Happy birthday to your Dad from me

8:54 am  
Blogger Tertia said...

Hi Maggie

I have just found your blog and wanted to stop by and say how fabulous I think you are. For being so brave and also for being so honest.

About the baby thing, I can totally relate to your longing. It is damn hard to switch that switch off.

And about the blogging about your feelings things - you go girl! I know it is hard when people you know in real life read your blog, but its your blog, your feelings and your space to let it all out.

If you do move to some super seekrit location, please let me know

And of course, if you ever want to chat, just drop me an email.

Big smooches to you

Tertia
xxxxxxxxxxxx

12:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home