Thursday, November 30, 2006

Better, can it be?

I am officially feeling better after yesterday's complete and utter meltdown. Yikes!

The physical pain in my back is, if anything, worse, but at least I've got a grip on my emotions, and the little pity-party I was throwing, everybody invited.
Personally, I prefer emotional pain, because I tend to get over it faster. Physical is a different kettle of fish. I can't work out whether I have a really low pain-threshhold, or if this is really some serious pain I'm dealing with, ut either way, I'm in AGONY. And the earliest I can see the chiropractor is on Tuesday. How will I make it till then? Good grief. I feel like going to the vet and being put out of my misery! They can tell the kids I went to live on a nice farm, ha ha.
Sorry, that was facetious, I know.

Serves me right, anyway. I haven't been doing my special exercises for at least two weeks. That is just asking for trouble. Still I did have a relapse, and did have to take cortisone so cut me some slack, will ya? Even a fistful of Myprodols doesn't ease the pain. I know this from past experience. The doctors gave me veritable cocktail of painkillers last time with absolutely no result. I'm trying my hardest not to have hip-replacement at age 26 fantasies. Although I'm nearly 27, that's MUCH better. Not.
Enough about my hips already.

I'm bored with the relapse already. Which is good, because it's hard to be emotional about something you feel bored with. Yawn. I decided I'm just going to take things easy for a while, eat well (or better than I have been, at any rate) and if the dose of cortisone I had really isn't going to help, then I'll go to hospital and take a larger dose. What else can I bloody well do? Flippin' hell!
On the plus side, my eyes seem to be doing better. Less flashing purple lights and pain in my eye-balls. I must admit to liking that. A lot.
In honour of the improvement, I've ordered myself two books. Also two cd's. All on discount, no less.
You know, I feel a lot happier since I did that. Don't ever tell me retail therapy doesn't work.

Oh, and thanks so very much for the supportive comments on my post yesterday. I cried when I read them, but they made me feel a lot better.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good grief, is there any temporary pain abatement you can get over the counter that will hold you over? My doctor makes sure that I have 'surplus' so I can make it through my rough spots. Of course, she trusts I will not abuse it or get myself addicted.

8:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How you do it - I don't know but I'm glad you are feeling better. Retail therapy ALWAYS works for me. Especially if I just ignore my bankstatements for a long time

11:54 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home