Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year

What can I say about 2006? Parts of it were great! Parts of it, not so great. Parts of it downright shitty. Just like any other year. I don’t feel much like reminiscing just now, anyway. I’m too excited about the new year. Can’t remember being this excited about a new year in a looong time.

Some things that did happen, that stick out:
My eldest sister and her husband got their long-awaited baby.
My youngest sister was diagnosed with ms.
My second eldest sister emigrated to Australia.
My aunt by marriage passed away, tragically.
My brother and his wife welcomed their third daughter into the world.
Michael’s sister and her husband welcomed their third son into the world.

Quite an eventful year, from that perspective.

My major goals for 2007:

To eat better than I did this year,
And to start and maintain a healthy exercise regime.
And to improve my heretofore precarious health levels in any way that falls within my reach.


I have made a start with the exercise. For the past three days, I have been swimming every day. I think that there is already a difference in my hips. I have great hope as far as this is concerned.

It is nearly midnight. About fifteen minutes till the new year. And I have pigged out till the bitter end. Tomorrow starts my year of eating as healthily as I can. Mainly, I want to cut out gluten, sugar and saturated- and trans-fats. Also preservative and additives. But basically, I just want to focus on putting quality food in my mouth. I don’t want to pursue a restrictive and unreasonable diet. Just one that is healthy while at the same time being ‘livable’.

I ended up not taking medication for my relapse over Christmas. And though I don’t want to say it out loud, I’m actually feeling all right. Very glad I didn’t get treatment yet. Maybe I can even eke it out for another month. Here’s to hoping.
So while I have to take it easy, and not overdo things, I’m not feeling too bad. Dare I say that it’s a sign for a very good year?
Happy 2007 everyone. I think it’s going to be a good one.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Maggie!! 2007 IS going to be a great year, I am 100% sure of that. :)

12:39 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 2007 Maggs. You are always so upbeat. I feel terrible about the post I wrote. A real "pity me" post.
I am going to try the healthier eathing thing too. Me eating badly is causing my family to eat badly too. NOT good

7:40 am  
Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

Still feeling 'ok'? Not to jinx you, but I tend to stay away from the meds too unless the situation is unbearable.

8:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home