Friday, January 05, 2007

Trials

I phoned my sis to tell her about the trials. She knows about them. She said her neuro was keen to put her on the trials, but said that she had a 50% chance of being in the placebo group. That is what I'm afraid of, I told her.
But you're not taking anything, anyway, she reminded me. Good point. But I'd hate not knowing which group I was in. Guess I'd have a fair idea if I started improving, and getting side-effects, hey? Mind you, a placebo would probably work on me just as well. Which might be the best thing, actually.
Guess I'll just have to wait and see if I can even get on the trials But Monday seems so far away.

The penny dropped that it definitely the detox session that caused my insomnia. I generally don't sleep well when I'm detoxing.

The practitioner said something very pleasing to me. She said that it was significant that I had come in on my birthday. Like a re-birth. I really liked that, because that kind of sh*t does it for me, lol.

My new year's resolutions for 2-doubleO-7:
  • Eat healthily (that is par for the course, naturally)
  • EXERCISE! Whatever I can manage, but I must do some form of it everyday.
  • Live neater.
  • Come to grips with the whole meditation thing.
  • Learn to play one new piece on the piano every week.
  • Oh, and to be a nicer person. I'm generally nice to people, but sometimes I add some bitchy comment in my head. And thoughts are just as important as what we say and do. Not good for the karma, you understand.

That's about it.

Some clarifying points:

  • I've been doing quite well on the exercise front. I've swum nearly every day this past week, and my hips are loving it! I'm sleeping so much better, because they aren't half as sore and stiff. Even though I'm currently having a relapse which tends to aggravate my hips something terrible.
  • Michael and I are very untidy and piggy in our flat. But it's gotten to the point where it's not cute anymore, not even to us. So I'm having a massive springcleaning session. Only bit by bit, of course, but it's starting to look better. Now we don't have to live in fear of unexpected visitors. Our 'crib' as Michael calls it, is looking quite good. Michael can be seriously cool when he feels like it.
  • I'm really looking forward to expanding my very meager piano reportoire.
  • And yes, I do believe in karma. I think bitchiness comes home to roost.

1 Comments:

Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

That last goal ... it's tough. The up side is that you know enough to keep it in your head. The stuff the kids pick up from my 'slip of the tongue' will pain me forever.

8:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home