Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Bloody hell!

What did I go and do tonight? Only lost my balance and took a fall, right on my hip. Also right on my HOUSE tape, which is now in smithereens.

I answered the phone and it was my sister. "Hello?"
"Hello?" says she, sounding confused.
"Hello?" I say again. This could go on all night.
"Oh, crap," she says.
'Thanks a lot," I say.
Turned out she was trying to phone someone else, but dialled my number. No offense taken. But as I hung up and walked away, I lost my footing. I took another huge step, trying to right my balance, but it was no good. I fell down heavily, hearing a crunch as the VHS tape bit the dust.
"Ow!" I said. "I hope that wasn't the HOUSE tape."
Of course it was the HOUSE tape."
My sister and I really like HOUSE. She doesn't have dish, so I tape it for her every week. There were a whole banch of episodes on that tape. Emphasis on were. There are shards of plastic currently embedded in my upper thigh.
Not really, but there's a very weirdly shaped puncture mark there. Burns like hell.

At least now it's out the way. I've 'nearly' fallen about five times this week. The anticipation was killing me. Now it's done.

Back's feeling a bit sore, but actually better than it did last night, so I don't think any real harm was done. I had a very gentle swim at my sister's house. Bliss.

Tomorrow I'm going to take some of those homeopathic drops that helped with my optic neuritis last month. Can't remember why I stopped taking them, they seemed to help.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, drat. Now don't go becoming the Queen of Falls like me. I have done it enough for the both of us!

I guess your sister will have to wait for the season on DVD... or maybe some free video downloading software has them. I know NOTHING ABOUT THAT.

1:29 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch my dearest SIL. That sounds sore...pity it was on the House tape too

2:59 pm  
Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

Ouch ... a dvd might not have cracked but you probably dont have a tivo/dvd recorder if you are using tapes. You are going to have to 'baby-proof' your home to keep YOURSELF safe!

4:40 pm  
Blogger CC said...

Maggie, Thanks for the post. You and I have very similar New Year's resolutions. Being nice is harder than it looks! I am always tested while driving behind someone who doesn't drive to my standards!

10:20 pm  
Blogger the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

Aw, Maggie, sorry to hear about your fall! Hope you are feeling abit better!!! Have you had any news yet about the Pharmaceutical trials? Everything is still crossed though - PROMISE ;-)
Take Care

10:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home