Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I could well be addicted to blogging ;-)

"Doctor, doctor, I feel like a vibrator!"
"Well, buzz off then."

That is how I feel. Can't think how to explain it. I have all these electrical, misconducted impulses coursing through me. Buzzing, tingling, little shocks... This morning, it was at the back of my neck. Now the toes on my right foot are really numb, which is Very Bad News. Obviously there's trouble on my spinal cord. And I can't have meds till next Tuesday, otherwise I can kiss my spot on the trials goodbye.

I'm having a 24hr fast today. When one fasts, one's own natural inteferons are released so that should help matters slightly. I am supplementing mineral drops in my water, however, as the detox practitioner took readings of my mineral levels (Don't ask me how, but it was fairly scientific and she said they are dangerously low. I wasn't pleased to hear that because all I ever seem to do is take really expensive vitamin and mineral supplements.

I will take it a bit easier with the swimming today, because it seems to aggravate the tingles. Also my hips are flippin' sore again. And my chiropractor has buggered off to Kuala Lampur. Could have been Timbuctoo or Pakistan, too. Wasn't really concentrating except to note that I better find a new chiro.

I'm finished with the little Gavotte, no doubt to Michael's immense relief. I'll now move on to Pachelbel's Canon, which I am absolutely in love with. Once I've come to grips with that, I'll do Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata. Did I mention I really like my keyboard.

But now I think I'll go watch BBC Food channel, which I always do when I'm fasting, masochist that I am.

5 Comments:

Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

Urk ... sorry to hear about the flare-up of your MS. Try to take it easy in the pool (stay away from the hot-tub too).

5:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, sometimes I think my vitamins and minerals are just "very expensive pee". I've been told it's the amount of carbs I eat that prevent me from absorbing minerals properly, and that is probably true!

8:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eish man...won't that body of yours give you a rest!? I must come over and listen to you play. Think I should do that and leave the boys with Tommie. I SO needed a break from them this afternoon (which of course made me feel like a bad mom) .... oh wait...sorry, this is YOUR blog, not mine!

8:57 pm  
Blogger Heather said...

You left a comment on my blogs a while back, and I am just getting to yours (though I think I have now discovered who my South African reader is. Yay!)

I have those buzzes--mine are in my hands, feet, and my "underwear zone" I get them more often when I walk a distance and mine aren't so much numbness as just a little buzz or tingle. Though not nearly as exciting as it may sound.

9:39 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work.

12:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home