Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Wacky Wednesday

Not really, but it's been nice.

That's the thing about life - there are moments of pure joy that make us want never to leave this world.
My whole day was good, but the end of it was exquisite. Late afternoon, I went swimming at Sonja's (my sister) house. Got to play with little Christopher a bit which was lovely. He's recognizing me now when I go there, it's just smiles all the way. Even held out his little arms to come to me. It just made my heart swell.
Anyway, I did 50 laps (though it isn't a very big pool). I felt great afterwards. Also have managed to eat properly the last couple of days. New year's resolutions going well for once ;-)

When we got back home, I played Michael the Gavotte in its completed form. He said it sounds good, but I think he's glad to see the back of it. Frankly, so am I, lol.
I've been working on the Canon today, and I'm having a great time with it. I've studied music for years, but I never really knew Pachelbel's work before.

Then we watched SCRUBS, and after that, Michael came upstairs to work on the pc. He needed to transfer photo's from his cellphone to the computer so that he could e-mail them for work purposes. Only, the cellphone's software on the computer went completely AWOL. He battled for ages trying to reinstall the software (getting more and more frustrated), while I was waiting, not so patiently in the wings for my turn, blog addict that I am.
So I sauntered in and asked him why he didn't transfer it via the infra-red. We have a port on our computer, and so has his cellphone. He was very delighted with my suggestion and asked why I hadn't come in earlier with this 'pearl of wisdom'. My toes curled at that, because he is the computer whizz, and I'm always light-years behind. But he'd forgotten about the infra-red.

While I was waiting for him to transfer the stuff I went into our room and got it into my head that I have the Canon on CD somewhere. I scratched around, found it and popped it into my CD-walkman (which btw was the best thing I ever bought). This was the full version, played by violins. I put my ear-phones on and the music just engulfed and surrounded me. There was a heavy smell of rain in the air, abd a lovely cool breeze, and it just culminated in one of those really special moments in life where you feel so very happy to be alive. I wish I could bottle that feeling and keep it under my bed for when I don't feel quite as utterly delightful.
'Cause let's face it, you have to take the good with the bad. The lows make the highs so much better. Like Ying and Yang.

I caught sight of myself in a mirror earlier, and I looked just like The Famous Grouse. I wear my hair up when I bath, and it was sticking out in a little tuft at the back. I have to work on my image! Can't go 'round looking like a grouse, even a famous one.

I've made a list of a few things that I intend doing if and when the new meds start working for me. (Why? Because it amuses me).

Take up belly-dancing. Apparently it keeps you really fit and it just can't be bad for your marriage. There are plenty of instructional DVD's around. I'll buy the whole Mata Hari outfit, too. Those baggy, transparent pants, skimpy little top, belly-chain, kohl eye-liner, bindi, veil, the works.
That should be a lot of fun.

Next on the list: If I recover suffiently, I would love to go back to work, full-time. Then I can stop feeling like such a layabout. In light of previous paragraph, maybe I can be an exotic dancer, lol.

And once a bit of time has elapsed, I'd like to have a couple of kids. A boy and a girl, they're on order. We've named the fictional little buggers already: Kristen May for the girl, and Luke Michael for the boy. What gives you the idea I've thought about this quite a lot :-)

Of course, I'm only having a bit of fun, but wouldn't it be nice? As it happens, I reckon I'll make it comfortably till Tuesday without steroids. And I can definitely manage a 100m. Maybe not in ten seconds, but it really shouldn't be a problem. That spot on the trials has my name written all over it, and they say that this is the next big thing in ms-treatment. See, I knew 2007 would be good.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope that you will feel good enough to join us on Sunday. I'd love a little bit of a family pic and since Christel is there, she can be the photographer! Glad you had such a wonderful day

11:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home